- Where are you quarantined, since when and with who?
I'm living in a place called Sammamish, which is about 20km east of Seattle, USA. They brought in lockdown rules here on March 12th. I'm living here with my husband and my two children and our cat!
- What has been your best quarantine activity?
I've thrown myself into my business. I only recently launched my business here in the US (ironically, my business license arrived just as we went into lockdown!) I've been learning lots about all things marketing and launched my website in lockdown.
As a family, we've been going on a lot more walks and are discovering more local trails. We've also recently bought a canoe! So I can't wait to get out on one of our local lakes on that!
- What fun things are you doing online to stay connected to your family, friends and teams?
Lots of Zoom calls with family and friends back in the UK. I've lived away from the UK for over nine years now, but I've never spoken so much to family and friends on Facetime or Zoom as I have in the last three months!
- Helping from home: are you supporting any particular nonprofit or relief efforts?
As a family, we've been donating to the NHS and then also to the local medical relief efforts in Seattle.
- How do you stay positive and keep calm?
Lots of walking around my neighbourhood and yoga.
- Complete the sentence:
Being in quarantine has given me a new appreciation for so many things, but mainly the outdoors and a good cup of takeaway coffee!
- What's the first thing you want to do post-quarantine?
Cocktails somewhere! And booking flights to visit the UK (I really hope we can at least visit at Christmas.)