- Where are you quarantined, since when and with who?
I am in Berlin. I'm living in a flatshare together with a friend and his two daughters, aged 9 and 14. They spend around half of the time with us. We've been in quarantine since mid/end March. I actually really like having them around from time to time and supporting them with some of their home schooling. I now understand as well how hard it must be for single mums at the moment.
- What has been your best quarantine activity?
Cycling and discovering the beautiful surroundings of Berlin (Grunewald etc.)
- What fun things are you doing online to stay connected to your family, friends and team?
Nothing too sophisticated to be honest. With family, we send a lot of funny pictures through our family WhatsApp group.
- Helping from home: are you supporting any particular nonprofit or relief efforts?
We are going shopping for the elderly in our area. It's easy to do and not a big deal but it's a great help for some.
- How do you stay positive and keep calm?
I am generally a very calm and positive person. I always try to focus on the positive things and to be constructive, meaning to see what you can do with the current situation and make the best out of it.
- Complete the sentence:
Being in quarantine has given me a new appreciation for silence, nature and home.
- What's the first thing you want to do post-quarantine?
Maybe have dinner in a nice restaurant as I am not a great cook and it's gotten a bit monotonous in the kitchen! ;)