Muzungu Sisters's traditional Sicilian 'coffa' basket is handcrafted using local palma nana straw and adorned with bright pompoms, mirrors and buttons.
Handmade by an older generation of artisans in Sicily, the basket begins its journey on the west coast before being lovingly adorned by a distinguished signora on the east coast. She is one of the last remaining producers that still know the intricacies of this particular art form. All in all, it takes three days to make each basket.
It's the perfect beach accessory or use yours for a trip to the local farmers market.
• Tote style basket
• Handwoven from 100% palma nana straw
• Natural coloured tote with multicolour embellishments
• Embellished with glass mirrors, pompoms, tassels and gold-coloured buttons
• Two top handles
• Ball and loop closure
• Handcrafted in Italy
• Dimensions: Top Width: 60cm, Bottom Width: 29cm, Height: 30cm
• Please note all the baskets are made by hand and colour ways may vary from the photo