Muzungu Sisters's traditional Sicilian 'coffa' basket is handcrafted using local palma nana straw and adorned with bright pompoms, mirrors, buttons and fringes. The basket is lined with cotton felt.
Handmade by an older generation of artisans in Sicily, the basket begins its journey on the west coast before being lovingly adorned by a distinguished signora on the east coast. She is one of the last remaining producers that still know the intricacies of this particular art form. All in all, it takes three days to make each basket.
It's the perfect beach accessory or use yours for a trip to the local farmers market.
• Tote style basket
• Handwoven from 100% palma nana straw
• Natural coloured tote with black and yellow coloured embellishments
• Embellished with glass mirrors, pompoms, tassels and gold-coloured buttons
• Two top handles
• Ball and loop closure
• Lined with yellow cotton felt
• Dimensions: Top width: 35cm, Bottom width: 18cm, Height: 22cm
• Handcrafted in Italy