Soli & Sun's Alice box clutch is constructed in a small workshop in Mindanao, Philippines. The fabric used is T'nalak, an indigenous material handwoven by the T’boli people of lake Sebu, Mindanao. T’nalak weaving is a way of life for most of the T’boli women, handed down from generation to generation.
The brass clasp is handcrafted by a husband and wife team also from Mindanao.The hand strap is handcrafted by a group of female artisans in the Philippines. Clare teaches them different techniques and they are able to create and work from home, earning a sustainable income without having to leave their families.
• Blue handwoven T'nalak fabric
• Handcrafted brass clasp and gold plated chain hand strap
• Ethically made in the Philippines
• Clutch dimensions: 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 5cm
• Clasp dimensions: 3.8cm x 2.5cm x 3.8cm
• Approx. weight: 0.7kg
• Care: Wipe down with a baby wipe